Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Dear Debbie Reynolds,



   You were wonderful in every role, but your performance in, of all things, Halloweentown will always be a treasure to me. Everyone who knew my grandmother (who died long before I was born) told me you were the spitting image of her in that film, not only in looks, but in character. Your performance as Aggie Cromwell brought to life the things that I hold so dearly to my heart today; adventure, courage, tradition, and of course love. Not to mention a passion for my favorite holiday, Halloween, another thing you had in common with my grandmother Beverly, so I am told. I guess in a way I looked up to you as an actress and to your interpretation of Aggie the way a young girl might her grandmother, and why wouldn't I considering I grew up with you and not her. Funny, odd, I know. But these are the things I wanted to tell you my whole life, but I now accept that I won't get to. I wish you a peaceful transition knowing you are with your beloved wonderful daughter Carrie. The strong connection you share only proves you really were the amazing loving woman I believed you to be. And even though watching Halloweentown will never quite be the same, I look forward to the motherly encouragement you offer each year - you know, where my obsession for Halloween gets rather abnormal, and you kindly remind me that being normal really is in fact vastly overrated. Thank you for always reminding me to be myself. Rest in peace. Thank you, thank you, thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment