Sunday, June 6, 2010

One must love the Dame!



Can't believe it's been a month since I have posted something on the blog, shows how busy I have been. I thought I'd post about someone whose art has been very influential to my own over the past few years, and that would be Dame Darcy. I may have only mentioned Dame Darcy a few times on my blog, so I think it's about time I do a proper post about her.


I first heard about Dame Darcy when a friend of mine read a copy of Jane Eyre illustrated by her. The artwork was so interesting that she decided to look her up and discovered some more of her artwork and music. My friend then introduced me to Dame Darcy's work, and I was inspired. I fell in love with her southern gothic influences and really liked how original she was, even if not all of her art was my cup of tea. Overall, I really enjoy the music, films, and illustrations she has done and thought I'd post a few links and samples.


Here is video I came across not long ago that was illustrated by her, the music by Rasputina:

Another video I love is one that inspired my Mercury Wine film: Golden Shoes and don't forget to check out her Etsy shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment