Wednesday, October 21, 2015

My Favorite Nightmares



Been having so many nightmares lately. It reminds me of when I was a kid, back when the nightmares were due to my indulging in the Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark series by Alvin Schwartz, illustrated by the amazing Stephen Gammell. I love looking at Stephen Gammell's work this time of year anyway, so why not revisit the old nightmares? At least they were more interesting back then...


    I usually share the classics, from the Scary Stories series, but here are a few rare illustrations from other books featuring Gammell's work. I found them on Pinterest (here's my #HaunterLife for more goodies) which led me to a great blog called Razorwire Pictures, featuring even more rare illustrations. It also included a few other Halloween-themed/spooky throwback books from childhood - not illustrated by Gammell, but are still part of a great trip down memory lane!
















Oh, and then there's these... I want them. 



2 comments:

  1. These are all kinds of amazing! LOVE Gammell's work, and seeing these candles? SO INCREDIBLE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I dig him too! There's nothing like his work anywhere :)

    ReplyDelete