Saturday, January 9, 2010

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus



Saw this film last night and was pretty glad I did. At first I wasn't quite understanding the story but I think it's because I never saw a trailer for the film. The film had a very interesting plot, great acting, and pretty amazing scenery.

It is clear that the film's art direction is full of wonder (seeing as how it involves several character's imaginations) and I found myself pretty inspired by its beauty. If there is only one thing I wasn't as in love with, it would be the amount of CGI use, however we're taking a peek into people's imaginations- it's supposed to be wild. Speaking of wild, I loved how they captured that creepy traveling-circus style. The look of the film and the imaginative ideas within the script made this film totally worth seeing.



No comments:

Post a Comment