Sunday, October 3, 2010

Halloween Movie Countdown: "The Skeleton Key"



I can't even think of where to begin! This film has become one of my all-time favorite thrillers over the years. It's not only scary, but it really embraces it's setting and theme and leaves you with one of the best surprise endings of all time.


This totally kept me on the edge of my seat when I first saw it, in fact it was the first really scary movie I saw in theaters, I used to be quite a scardy-cat...


Anyway, The Skeleton Key not only has great direction and an awesome look and feel, but it also has a really great story, definitely a must for Halloween time.


Click on the picture below to watch one of the best scenes in the film, it's really disturbing, but very well filmed... sends chills up my spine every time.


Here's the Trailer:

2 comments:

  1. Another flick I've never seen...but I'll definitely have to seek out! Looks like my cuppa hemlock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's one of my favorites. It totally has that Old South, Louisiana feel to it and the story is really original.

    ReplyDelete